May 14, 2009

Hiking options for early Spring


Punch Bowl Falls - Eagle Creek


Well, I have yet to write my camera review in part because Oregon weather is being, well, Oregon like. As a result I haven't got outside to take pictures yet.

While rain, with a few sun breaks here and there, has been the routine the last couple weeks the current forecast for the weekend is 80 degrees in the Willamette Valley and 70 degrees at the coast. Although there will be too much snow for hiking in the mountains proper, it would be a good weekend to hit the Opal Creek Trail east of Salem, the Drift Creek Trail in the coast range near Lincoln City or the Eagle Creek Trail in the Columbia Gorge. All of these trails are at lower elevations and are good options for Spring hiking.

5 comments:

Utah Hiker said...

That is a great shot of Punchbowl. This is a hike I have always wanted to do! It reminds me of The Grotto in Utah: http://www.utahhikinginfo.com/2009/07/grotto-payson-canyon.html

spiritwild said...

Wow, this is one of best looking places I have ever seen. The photo says it all !

http://southernindianatrails.freehostia.com/

sophie jones said...

This is so breathtaking! I can't wait to hike here with my family and use our new ultralight backpacking tents.

kevin said...

Hey dude. I'm also a climber, hiker in Australia. what is the best hiking tents is good. Please give me your advice.

James Wellington said...

Great picture. I've always wanted to visit Punchbowl.